It’s my mama’s birthday! Last year Elle and I were down visiting her on her birthday and I spent the long vacation watching my mom love on my baby, drinking delicious wine and foamy coffees, taking sweet sunny walks in the desert, and sitting in front of the fire.
Wish we were doing that again this year, but cheers to my mama who I just adore! Many good wishes for a fantastic year doing all of the things that you love 😘
When I come home and daydee deeder screams “MAMA!” and runs into my arms, there is nothing sweeter 😘 I am looking forward to that today!
We have a new little nephew!! Welcome to the family, baby!
We have been waiting and waiting and Grandma Juju is finally here! She is one person who Ellie warms up to so fast, and I love seeing them interact. So excited to have her here for Christmas this year!
Gosh, Cakey, where do I even start with you? You are growing up too fast! Some things about you these days:
- You say a bunch of words! My favorite right now is “dayyyy-dee!” for baby. You finally named Grandma Cathleen as “Nana”! You say “dat” when you want to know what something is, and you say a lot of “na na no no” when you get told to stop doing something.
- You like to throw your food to Moose and then tell us that it’s a no-no.
- Your favorite thing is to be pulled around the house on a blanket by Dada. It’s hard to pull when Moose gets on, and you’ve got to be careful when Dada gets you too close to the dining table & chairs.
- You give some sweet kisses and cuddles. You love to cuddle a blanket or stuffed animal (maybe Santa knows something about that??).
- You’re almost too big for nursing these days. It’s just arms and legs everywhere!
- When you play Patty Cake and do “rolllllll it”, your arms crack me up!
- Where the heck are the rest of your teeth??
- You like cucumber, which is great since you don’t love many veggies yet 😦
- I love the feeling of your little hands; they are so soft and precious.
- You like when I pet your hair.
- Sometimes you squeak and squeal really loud for no reason and it makes me laugh!
- At the risk of jinxing it, you are a great sleeper right now.
- Most of all, your Mama & Dada are so proud of you. Your personality really shows, and you are curious, sweet, headstrong, and hilarious! I’m so glad that you’re turning into you!
We sure know how to get wild!
Although Britt couldn’t make it because she was cooking something else (a baby, due soon!) Cathleen, Ellie, and I went up to my dad’s house for our annual cookie baking! It was a great afternoon and we left stuffed full of food with bags of cookies! Elle’s mullet was in full swing.
Ignore my voice, I was trying to elicit the elusive “day-dee!” from Elle!
It’s my favorite noot, tiny boose!
After years of random furniture and terrible lighting in our bedroom, we decided to get some actual big-kid furniture (not pictured: dresser and mirror)! It’s so cozy in the room now, it’s my little oasis from the world. The side tables came unfinished, because y’know it wouldn’t be our house if there weren’t a project involved! Big thanks to Lou & Cathleen for doing most of the sanding, painting, and assembly. Love it!
I have never laughed harder. Also, she was totally fine.
Happy birthday, Lou! Everyone always says it, but you truly are the most amazing husband and father. I am grateful every day that you are my partner and Elle’s dada. I wouldn’t want to go through alla’ this with anyone else. Mwah!