Baby Cakey, you are 35″ tall (90th %tile) and 28lbs (50th %tile). Such a big girl! You are as healthy as ever, and thriving. Mama & Dada are so proud.
Elle is starting to play creatively and independently a lot more often! It’s so cool to see her grow.
You are seriously in toddler land right now! Your attention span is short, your will is strong, your tongue trills are extremely loud. But you give the best lovies, are sweet down to your core, and your mama is impressed every day! Right now:
- You are putting 2-, 3-, and 4-word phrases together all the time. And sometimes longer! Can anyone say “Candoon [candle] light! Blow out smoke!!”??
- …First it was “cahn”, then “cah-gn”, and now “candoon”. I know you’ve said “candle” before, but only when you’re really working on it. Candles are your absolute favorite thing, which is why you get to blow one out when you are…
- …Potty training! Mostly peepee in your “pilates” [potty], but you’re getting there and it won’t be long now. But let’s not rush it.. you learn at your own speed and mama doesn’t want you to get frustrated.
- Running, getting scraped knees, and squealing when you are chased. You love to play and run! ..and swing! ..and go down the slide!
- Loving your family and friends! We hear “Juju”, “Aa-ee” [auntie], “LUUUKE, Rissuh, BABBBYYY BEHNNN”, “Gweggie” all the time!
- You are so in love with ALL of your lovies: Mimi (Mango Margo II), Gussy, Piggy. And your new Griffin that you named “Peacock”. Because you love when Big Momma takes you to see the Peacock at Lattin’s farm. Peacock the Griffin came from your dad’s alma mater!
- You. Are. Obsessed. With. Trains. We have many “twain” books, and usually read you the Goodnight Train at bedtime. It’s getting set to roll, and being shined and filled with coal! “Twain LOUD light fuhLASH!”
- Daddy reads you a book every night, while mama rocks you in your chair. You light to get “cohssy” with your blankie and twiddle your hair as daddy reads. Then, you give a kissy and huggy, daddy turns out the light, and you give mama the best cuddles while mama sings you your songs. Then, very quietly, you say “more song pleassseeee-oo”. Mama then rests you in your bed, puts your lovies-of-the-day all over you, and then all of your blankies follow, topped off with the “big one” (the quilt Juju made you) and a forehead kiss.
There’s really so much that you’re doing that it’s hard to put down into writing. You are the sweetest tornado that has ever been. “Love love!”
Getting ready to go on a trip soon!
Never a dull moment in our house
We decided to go on a whim, and it was WELL worth it! We parked at dada’s work, walked a few blocks down, and got to the parade as soon as it started! You were loving the music, drums especially, and all of the “animals”!
My little baby got to come visit me at work today! She was very shy in her first meeting, but made up for it later. She went to meetings, said hi to other kiddos, and had a blast. Work had a cute goody bag for her too!
Ellie Deeder, I hope that you always see yourself the way I do. So very perfect in your own skin.
There is no sweeter thing in life than when a baby sleeps. Even if that baby is a big baby.
It started with “plea-oh”, now it’s “puh-lease”
“doh-dee” > food
So far, Elle has gotten a new helmet and is working on her 5th tooth! She is learning at an alarming rate and her vocabulary is growing a bunch!
Not the most exciting project or picture, but a worthy house project nonetheless! There’s been a few more finishing touches on the water heater itself, but we’re all glad it’s done and it’ll pay for itself in no time 😉