You are seriously in toddler land right now! Your attention span is short, your will is strong, your tongue trills are extremely loud. But you give the best lovies, are sweet down to your core, and your mama is impressed every day! Right now:
- You are putting 2-, 3-, and 4-word phrases together all the time. And sometimes longer! Can anyone say “Candoon [candle] light! Blow out smoke!!”??
- …First it was “cahn”, then “cah-gn”, and now “candoon”. I know you’ve said “candle” before, but only when you’re really working on it. Candles are your absolute favorite thing, which is why you get to blow one out when you are…
- …Potty training! Mostly peepee in your “pilates” [potty], but you’re getting there and it won’t be long now. But let’s not rush it.. you learn at your own speed and mama doesn’t want you to get frustrated.
- Running, getting scraped knees, and squealing when you are chased. You love to play and run! ..and swing! ..and go down the slide!
- Loving your family and friends! We hear “Juju”, “Aa-ee” [auntie], “LUUUKE, Rissuh, BABBBYYY BEHNNN”, “Gweggie” all the time!
- You are so in love with ALL of your lovies: Mimi (Mango Margo II), Gussy, Piggy. And your new Griffin that you named “Peacock”. Because you love when Big Momma takes you to see the Peacock at Lattin’s farm. Peacock the Griffin came from your dad’s alma mater!
- You. Are. Obsessed. With. Trains. We have many “twain” books, and usually read you the Goodnight Train at bedtime. It’s getting set to roll, and being shined and filled with coal! “Twain LOUD light fuhLASH!”
- Daddy reads you a book every night, while mama rocks you in your chair. You light to get “cohssy” with your blankie and twiddle your hair as daddy reads. Then, you give a kissy and huggy, daddy turns out the light, and you give mama the best cuddles while mama sings you your songs. Then, very quietly, you say “more song pleassseeee-oo”. Mama then rests you in your bed, puts your lovies-of-the-day all over you, and then all of your blankies follow, topped off with the “big one” (the quilt Juju made you) and a forehead kiss.
There’s really so much that you’re doing that it’s hard to put down into writing. You are the sweetest tornado that has ever been. “Love love!”
My little baby got to come visit me at work today! She was very shy in her first meeting, but made up for it later. She went to meetings, said hi to other kiddos, and had a blast. Work had a cute goody bag for her too!
Ellie Deeder, I hope that you always see yourself the way I do. So very perfect in your own skin.
There is no sweeter thing in life than when a baby sleeps. Even if that baby is a big baby.
It started with “plea-oh”, now it’s “puh-lease”
“doh-dee” > food
So far, Elle has gotten a new helmet and is working on her 5th tooth! She is learning at an alarming rate and her vocabulary is growing a bunch!
Not the most exciting project or picture, but a worthy house project nonetheless! There’s been a few more finishing touches on the water heater itself, but we’re all glad it’s done and it’ll pay for itself in no time 😉
These two are so, so sweet. Elle still just adores Moose, and it completely warms my heart 💕
I never get tired of these
It’s my mama’s birthday! Last year Elle and I were down visiting her on her birthday and I spent the long vacation watching my mom love on my baby, drinking delicious wine and foamy coffees, taking sweet sunny walks in the desert, and sitting in front of the fire.
Wish we were doing that again this year, but cheers to my mama who I just adore! Many good wishes for a fantastic year doing all of the things that you love 😘
When I come home and daydee deeder screams “MAMA!” and runs into my arms, there is nothing sweeter 😘 I am looking forward to that today!
We have a new little nephew!! Welcome to the family, baby!