It’s my favorite noot, tiny boose!
After years of random furniture and terrible lighting in our bedroom, we decided to get some actual big-kid furniture (not pictured: dresser and mirror)! It’s so cozy in the room now, it’s my little oasis from the world. The side tables came unfinished, because y’know it wouldn’t be our house if there weren’t a project involved! Big thanks to Lou & Cathleen for doing most of the sanding, painting, and assembly. Love it!
I have never laughed harder. Also, she was totally fine.
Happy birthday, Lou! Everyone always says it, but you truly are the most amazing husband and father. I am grateful every day that you are my partner and Elle’s dada. I wouldn’t want to go through alla’ this with anyone else. Mwah!
Elle, you are so big-big now! You learn so fast. Here are just a few of the things about you:
- You talk! You say “dada”, “mama”, “baby”, “no no!”, “bap bap” (bath), “night night”, “light”, “uh oh!”, “nose”, “ball”, “num num” (food/hungry). You also sign “more” and “all done”
- You walk and run – You have been done with your scooting for a long time
- You love to go out! In the yard, park, store, children’s museum, or wherever
- You are learning about bodies. You can point to eyes, nose, ears, hair, and more! You think bellybuttons are funny (they are)
- You love books! Recently, grammy took you to the library and checked out some books with you!
- You wave at people constantly
- You love your little baby doll
- You’re sleeping through the night, but your nap schedule is changing
- You’re almost weened, but not quite
- You love Moose!
- You like to stack your blocks
- You have two teeth (on the bottom). You like to have them brushed at bath time!
We had a little Elliephant for Halloween this year! I was so happy that Cakey made a surprise visit at my work today. At night, we went to a couple houses to say hi to people, and played in our costume all night. We had 44 trick-or-treaters and we had an awesome dog barricade that was highly effective.
This little Cakey is the love of my life. Seeing her happiness is the best!
I love to swing!
I did have to exchange these for 4’s, but they are the cutest dang things I’ve ever seen!
Ellie got a little stool from Grandma Juju! It’s very similar to the one I had when I was a kid. Ellie instantly loved it!
We’ve got another little stabber in there 😳