I did have to exchange these for 4’s, but they are the cutest dang things I’ve ever seen!
Ellie got a little stool from Grandma Juju! It’s very similar to the one I had when I was a kid. Ellie instantly loved it!
We’ve got another little stabber in there 😳
Elle just got her first tooth! She’s 12.5 months, so we’re a little late to the game. She’s been a sad, sore-mouthed girl. Now that the little pokey dagger has popped through, hopefully she’ll feel better!
Elle’s first birthday party was awesome! She celebrated with family and friends, and then crashed hard. Grandma Julie came up from California and helped me cook all sorts of delicious food! We had pulled pork with a bunch of sides, and carrot cake cupcakes. Elle’s reaction to the cupcakes was classic. All in all, it was a wonderful day! We are so fortunate to have so many people who love our little girl.
August 30, 2017: Wow, one year old. I can’t believe it! There are no words to describe how amazing it has been to see you grow up through your first year. How far our little family has come! Though we are celebrating your birthday next weekend, Mama & Dada had a special birthday lunch with you at the capitol campus.
Likes: Some food finally!! First tooth, first steps, sleeping through the night!, playing on the couch, scooting, walking along things, riding on shoulders, Moose’s velvet ears, opening and inspecting books
Dislikes: Bonking, most foods
- You told mama “No no no!”
- Your favorite book is “Moo Baa La La La”
- Your personality is really starting to grow!
- You are headstrong and inquisitive.
- You love to watch faces, and words are intriguing to you!
- You are not often cuddly (too busy!), so when you do cuddle, it’s the best!
- You love to play a game with Mama: You say “ah!” and then I say it back, and we repeat for a long time! You kick your legs along with your “ah”s!
Just put my baby down as an infant, and will pick her up as a one year old toddler tomorrow. A year ago I was losing my mind in labor. And then a few hours later, out came little Cakey! The stitching, the painful nursing, and then things started improving. Smiling, rolling, sitting, sleeping, a little talking and a little walking. I am in awe of this little girl and my heart is so full. And I am also a little teary and trying to grasp the upcoming changes. It doesn’t feel real!
3 days short of a year old, Elle took her first steps! Not captured on camera due to massive excitement in this house!
July 30, 2017:
Favorite things: Bouncing, playing on the couch, playing in the grass, scooting around, playing with grandma
Least favorite things: Being stuck on the airplane, food/high chair, being over-tired, the middle of the night!
Cakey, you had a big month!
- You are saying “mama” and “dada”!
- We went to SLC!
- Mama turned 30 and Moose turned 2!
- You got roseola the day before mama’s 30th birthday. It was heartbreaking to see the energy sapped out of you. Luckily, you recovered quickly!
- Grandma Cathleen (Ninner!) came and visited us, and we all decided that it would be awesome if she moved up to Washington with us and watched you while Mama & Dada worked! You love spending time together and she is BAMAZEEN with you!
- Our besties moved back to the east coast.. we are very sad but wish them well on their new adventures! We can’t wait to see them again soon!
- You love when someone walks into your room when you’re waking up from nap or night time! Your face lights up and you happy squeal and you bounce up and down!
- You will play and chatter by yourself for a little bit now. We love to see what intrigues you!
I turned 30! I am kind of in denial about it. It was a very lowkey birthday, as Cakey was sick with Roseola (which we found out later). Cathleen was so sweet to watch a cranky baby so that Louis and I could run to Ikea and get a bed frame (thanks, Cath!)! We were just about to buy one when we lived in the apartment, but this house had just listed. Lo and behold, we finally got one! I had very sweet birthday wishes from family and friends, and am so fortunate to live a sweet life that I love 😊
We loaded the baby up and took off to Utah to visit family and friends! Nana and Grandpa Hurst finally got a chance to meet Ellie, and it was great to see them and spend time with them. Ellie loved Grandpa’s garden and hanging out!
We also got a chance to visit with Louis’ long-time friends the Smiths. Elle loved seeing the “big kids”!